One Small Step For a Man..

I've always loved comics.
Perhaps that's a silly thing to say
 since this is a blog detailing my comic creating journey,
but in this day and age it needs to be said.
There are at present far too many people who seems to treat the medium as a way to express there politics or simply put in the bare minimum effort possible to slip past an equally uncaring assistant editor.

That aint me.
A lot of people have a story about the first time they read a comic or the first comic that really wowed them.To be honest I dont remember my first because I have always had comics .
I remember them being read to me as an infant ,they spurned me on to learn to read as a 4 year old and helped distract me from all the dark times in my life once i grew up.

It might sound cheesy, but if those people on the pages could take a beating and keep on fighting then so could I .Some say superhero comics are a power fantasy ,I always preferred the morality play elements myself.If they are a power fantasy then they are a reminder that the power lies in all of us to resist this cruel world and create something wonderful in defiance of it all.

Cheesy enough for ya??



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thumbnail sketches of the book

Its is time