Cover Alls

A rough draft of my cover wings its way into my e mail account.
My babies are drawn much better than I could have hoped for.
The poses are altered ,made better.
Details are added that make all the difference and
I am yet again elated at the thought of my creations taking flight.

Our anti heroic duo are caught in an explosion
 being blasted by its force towards the readers .
The explosion fills the background as our dirty duo are flung outward.
There expressions are gritted teeth ,horror and being mildly pissed off.
Being blown up ,after all,sucks the big one.

The artist has added his own touches
 the hat doesn't remain quite right on kree's head,
kriss is in danger of tumbling end over end  as he lurches forward from the boom.
again little details that make the characters more than ink on a page
 and the overall image springs to life rather than remains on the flat paper .

Yet again I'm over excited about squiggles on my screen,
but i rather be too excited than apathetic and soulless.
There are far too many people like that out there
and not enough of the passionate kind.


Once the colour version arrives
 I'll probably need a lie down.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thumbnail sketches of the book

Its is time