Hurry up and Wait

Unless you're one of those annoyingly talented writers artist I've heard legends about
 most indie writing involves waiting .
You've finished your story and passed it on to a super talented pencil jockey
 and in a while all your hopes and dreams will be turned into beautiful pictures on a screen.
Its the "while" I have a problem with.
Time to think
"did I do it right ?"
"should I have taken yet another pass at it?"
"will people like it?"
"am I getting enough fibre in my diet?"
" what's the meaning of life?"
"if a tree falls in the woods... "

Perhaps its not the waiting
 maybe its that your part in the creation process is (somewhat) over.
Your baby is in the hands of others.
So you sit and think while other people take a crack at your story.
There no way to tell how another mind will interpret your script .
It get milled through there head  and all there life experiences up until that point
and this "unknowable "other" then spits out comics on the page .
will it still be recognisable on the other side ?
what if its awful?

worse
what if its better
 and they made it so much more than you could ever hope to?

When I over think things I used to do
 my favourite hobby
 was writing comics.
now its my soon to be career
...

i suppose i need a new hobby

maybe knitting



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thumbnail sketches of the book

Its is time