stepping up

Whilst spending 5 spare minute looking at my place holder indiegogo
 I tried to look at it with fresh eyes.
walking past the pc and glancing at it.(I know)
i even ran upstairs to my attic lair and casually looked at the screen as i entered.
The pictures ,while brilliant, were black and white.I couldn't afford colour.
was this gonna work ?
were people going to skip over my thumb nail image of exquisitely drawn but colourless alien ne'er do wells?
 I needed a rethink ,one awesome colour image
a splash page depicting everything i wanted the comic to be
violence sci fi and comedy.(fun for all the family)
a picture paints a thousand words,but only if its in glorious technicolour.
the price wont be paid in money.
Like most writers it would be paid in things I'd have to sacrifice .
Food would be replaced with with cheap Scandinavian supermarket beans.
Old steel toecap boots  that let in water are no longer in desperate need of replacement
they are now reclassified as "good enough for now."
The PC i am typing this blog on is several years old in desperate need of replacement
and sounds like a weezy old smoker in a rattling washing machine .
So im stepping up ,getting serious about what i want.,and as with everything
 it takes sacrifice .

godammit








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thumbnail sketches of the book

Its is time